Position: MPLS/IP Architect
Term: Full time (US Citizen, Green card or H1)
Location: Frisco, TX
Looking for someone who has sold 10+ years experience in telecom industry (carrier or vendor). Needs expert level experience in Cisco or Juniper. This hiring is for a new NOC.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the deployment and operations a global IP/MPLS transport network in the Tier 1 operator network environment. Experience in optimal network routing with optimization & fine tuning to improve overall network performance, and standardization, performance audit and recommendations. Provide insight and recommendations on tools related to network performance, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
Identification of problem management, and resolution of system wide issues in areas including: IP access network for LTE, FTTX and WiFi; NLD Core, Collector and metro network; Traffic engineering and capacity planning; Optimization and feature enhancement; Process automation which includes but not limited to QoS and SLA, VPNs; DDI (DNS, DHCP and IPAM); DCN Network; Content Delivery Network; Caching; IP integration of network Clock Synchronization (PTP,NTP, &SYNC-E); IP addressing v4 and v6 for entire network; FW/SBC, Common policy, Configuration, Compliance; DDoS/Application Attack detection and mitigation; URL Blocking; CGNAT logging and correlation.
Provide hands on experience and thorough understanding of Unified MPLS L3VPN technologies in a global converged network including but not limited to ISIS, LDP, BGP control-plane technologies. These technologies are Including BGP Communities, Route-Maps, LDP and access-lists. Experience in implementing and fine tuning of CE, PE, P-routers, Route-reflectors and MPLS label stitching for MPLS scalability in a multi-protocol converged network environment.
- Thorough understanding of IP/MPLS network architecture, technologies and concepts as well as applicable 3GPP and IETF standards.
- Expert knowledge of operational issues in a large scale Global IP/MPLS network with IP transit, Connectivity, Global data and Voice roaming services.
- Experience in Capacity planning and traffic engineering for all services offered in the whole domestic and international network
- Operational experience in the setup of IP/MPLS Connectivity for VOLTE voice and data roaming trail with IPX providers
- Expert knowledge in setting up International Content provider like Google and Akamai cache infra in the operator network .
- Experience in test planning and test execution: acceptance, integration, functional, service, inter-op testing and performance.
- Cisco or Juniper certification in the relevant areas is required
- Must have team leadership capability and work well with others.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven troubleshooting skills utilizing protocol analysis applications such as Wireshark.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to a wide range of audiences including executive management both orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise and lead a team of SMEs and handle multiple tasks/schedules simultaneously.