Position: DevOps Cloud Engineer
Term: Full time (Client may consider sponsoring H1 visa for exceptionally qualified candidate)
Location: Plano, TX
Are you looking to be at the forefront of cutting-edge IT technology? Do you dream of "Automation" and are experienced in cloud architecture and design? Do you welcome change? If so, this is the challenge you have been waiting for. The DevOps position will be responsible for building the next generation of systems infrastructure and cloud, focusing on automation, availability and performance.
- Use DevOps principles and methodologies to enable the rapid deployment of software and services by coordinating software development, quality assurance, and IT operations.
- Design and architect solutions for existing client facing hosted applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS.
- Balance hardware, network, and software layers to arrive at a scalable and maintainable solution that meets requirements for uptime, performance, and functionality.
- Monitor server applications and use tools and log files to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Perform root cause analysis of production impacting issues, including opening problem cases with vendors and driving them to conclusion.
- Maintain 99.99% availability of the web and integration services.
- Additional projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Preferred qualification: AWS Certified
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Automation Tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.), AWS Services (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, CloudFormation, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Shell, Perl or other) is a must.
- Experience with Docker container technology a plus.
- Must be an excellent team player working with multi-disciplinary teams (Developers, Architects, Operations and Testers) to fully automate and build out new application environments on the Cloud, spearheading automation and high performing system projects.
- Understanding of Networking Technologies like Load balancer, Firewall, VIP, DNS.
- Comprehension of application development processes, methodologies and techniques.
- Experience working in a team environment using a Source Configuration Management tool a plus (Subversion, Git, etc).
- Experience in installation, administration and configuration of Middleware technologies (Web/App/Messaging tiers) a plus.
- Hands on experience with Linux and Windows environments.
- Basic understanding of security technologies (Digital Certificates, LDAP, PKI, SSO, SSL).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be on call 24x7 support rotations